I have been trying to keep track of all our funnies and laughs and doing ok with it but may come up short this week for my Saturday Top Five Laughs post this week. Without further adieu… we join Mel over at The Mommyhood Chronicles for week #30 (for us) in our Saturday Top Five Laughs of the week.
5. I was out somewhere and there was a expectant mom who had three other children. In the course of the discussion something was said to which her 2-3 year old exclaims, “That means it’s a girl!” It was too cute!
4. Hubby and I were kissing, which we try to do once in awhile in front of the children for their benefit of a healthy relationship/marriage and it was normal kiss not anything passionate or anything, and our youngest daughter who is eight goes, “Ewwww….you are swallowing each other!” We have said that during movies before and the older children have picked up on it and now use it on us!
3. O, our 14 year old, was doing something goofy and then asked me if she made the cut for Saturday Top Laughs. I said, “No, but that did.” She’s happy to have the mention this week! I believe it is now the most popular “column” in our family.
2. This week Robert took the children to the county fair for the very first time (the older girls went to another county fair when they were toddlers). We agreed we would get one bag of cotton candy (that stuff goes for $6/bag nowadays!) for them to try and share. Guess what? Only ONE child liked it out of all of them! That was our oldest. The rest said it was too sugary and sickening! Score one for us as parents, right?! lol! It’s ok to rejoice is small victories once in awhile, isn’t it?
1. So I said to my oldest son that I needed one more funny for this week as he walked buy to check the zucchini bread/cake he is making for tomorrow’s breakfast. This is what he said, quite seriously, I might add, “Dogs go wolf. Cats go meow. Cows go moo.” Silly boy!
That’s all for this week, folks! Chime in with your funnies of the week and give us a laugh!