Welcome to the world of ORGANIC sunscreen! I Love it! We love when products are organic and this is another great find!
Block Island Organics sunscreen is a non-toxic mineral sunscreen for face & body. It provides ultra lightweight non-comedogenic, broad spectrum UVA & UVB protection. Along with all the aforementioned attributes it is also WATER RESISTANT!
We liked that the sunscreen was fragrance free and instantly absorbs into the skin. Regular sunscreens take forever to rub into the skin … but this one takes only seconds to disappear and start working! THe sunscreen is mineral based and synthetic free… which is so nice to hear in such a chemical laden market!
The sunscreen we reviewed was the SPF 15. We found that it worked well for protection during the cooler months where face and neck were exposed. During the summer months at the beach or pool… we might opt for a stronger SPF…which Block Island DOES carry!
I must also mention that I used the sunscreen not only on my children but also on myself. I applied the sunscreen to my face as an added protection and it went on smooth and was not greasy at all. So often facial sunscreens feel heavy on the face… this one was very light. However, since I rarely wear makeup I cannot say how it would feel as an underlayer to foundation… but I am sure it would work well since it absorbs so quickly!
For a list of ingredients please CLICK HERE.
This is a great Organic product … please visit Block Island Organics to view this and their entire line of products. They are running a special right now … if you sin up for their newsletter you get 15% off your order!
Share and Enjoy
It is hard to believe we are inching closer and closer to a year for participating in the Saturday Top Five Laughs posts. But here we are joining The Mommyhood Chronicles on week #36 (for us)! Most of them will be compliments of Jr., our four year old.
5. “That smells yummy”, Jr. exclaimed as his 11-year-old brother made him some hot chocolate. A boy after my own heart!
4. Jr. went potty one day this week and announced, “I made a cow patty!”
3. You all know I get up at 2am most mornings to do two paper routes. On one particular morning, the children kept coming in and out of our room (hubby must have been otherwise occupied or else that usually does not occur) and I was getting a little exasperated. So the next time Jr. came in I gave him a look. My older girls call it my “dragon” look and Jr. simply looked at me and said, “Mommy, you look creepy.”
2. It is fly season. Living on a farm we are overrun with flies. After the first year here, we finally succumbed to those ugly sticky fly paper that hang from the ceiling. We have never hung one in our bedroom before but had to this week due to the amount of flies camping out in there. Hubby hung it by the light fixture, which happens to be over our six year old and four year old’s bed. Our six year old tells us, “I have nightmares about that fly trap falling on me.” Guess that would be freaky, if it happened, but it is held by a tack so it is pretty secure. Hubby knocked his head on it today, which was a close call. Good thing his hair is cut in pretty much a buzz cut! I just thought it was kind of funny that he said he had nightmares about it. I have not heard him waking up, just so you know!
1. Today I hear this high pitched screaming, then gobble-gobbles. I listen for a while and realize one or two of the younger children were doing the screaming in order to get the turkeys to gobble! Wish I could have recorded it, but it did not last very long, nor did I think of it until now. Turkeys are rather interesting to observe and listen to.
Share and Enjoy
I participated in an Influencer Activation Program on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for GoodNites* TRU-FIT*. I received samples for this review and a promotional item to thank me for participating.”
Did you know that….
“According to a GoodNites® brand study, it’s estimated that 1 in 6 children between the ages of 4-12 in the United States suffer from nocturnal enuresis, more commonly known as bedwetting”
More than 40% of parents find it frustrating and feel that bedwetting can be “trained” out of a child.
Accidents happen – even for big kids once in a while. I dealt with a similar issue when I was a child. I used to sleep so tight and I never realized that I had an accident. My daughter has the same problem. It’s nothing to be ashamed of or embarrassed by, it’s not her fault.
Well, thankfully GoodNites® developed a product called TRU-FIT*. They are undies with a plastic liner that you put a disposable insert in. The starter pack comes with 2 pair of machine washable underwear and 5 disposable inserts for boy or girls. GoodNites* TRU-FIT* are available at retailers nationwide.
“87% of Moms that tried the product said that TRU-FIT* will make their kids more confident.”
We received the girls with a purple pair and a purple striped pair of underwear. They are cute and fit my daughter well. They do give her more confidence and that make this Momma feel much better too. I will admit the inserts are a bit long and are tough to get into the underwear. Once they are on your child, just make sure they are not all bunched up in the front or back. That can be uncomfortable for your child. We have found these are working well for us. I do make sure my daughter uses the bathroom before she goes to bed each night also.
Giving your child support is the main thing if they have an accident. They don’t even realize this is happening. This is not something that can be “trained” out of them. The child is already probably feeling bad about themselves and need you, as the parent, to let them know that this is okay and you will get through it together.
Click here to find out more information about GoodNites* TRU-FIT* Underwear and getting a coupon! Don’t forget to link GoodNites* TRU-FIT* on Facebook. #MC #sponsored #TRUFITBetterNites
$40 Gift Card Giveaway
Enter to win $40 Gift Card. Giveaway ends 9/26. Contest entrants are only eligible to win once per sweepstake, per household as part of a campaign sponsored by Mom Central.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Share and Enjoy
The Desire by Dan Walsh and Gary Smalley is the third book in The Restoration Series. It is about a young couple who has deals with infertility. This is a Christian fiction novel. The book also deals with crisis pregnancy, single motherhood, showing compassion and generosity as believers. It is a nice story.
I was naughty and did not write my thoughts down right after I read the book a month ago, which is when it is freshest for me. So I am relying on my daughter’s thoughts since she just read the book over the weekend.
My 15-year-old daughter, B, says the book made her really think about the issue of humility and trusting God, which were spiritual themes in the book. She said both of these issues are areas she needs to work on personally.
B said she really liked the characters. She thought they were very well fleshed out and developed. She said she was proud of Christina (single woman facing a crisis pregnancy) for not choosing to have an abortion. She loved Michele’s development both as a wife and daughter of Christ. B said Michele’s parents, Marilyn and Jim were amazing people, as were the rest of her family. I have to agree. They portrayed what a Christian family should be like. B thought the contrast between the beginning and end chapters were beautiful.
B also loved going to Africa with Allan and Ray. B has always wanted to go to Africa since reading missionary stories and having a close personal friend serving as a missionary in Zambia. All in all, she really enjoyed The Desire.
We both really want to read the first two books of the series and we cannot wait for the sequel to this one to find out more about Christina’s journey and that of Michele’s brother, Doug. I missed the fact there was a children’s lesson book, but B said she wants to read that as well.
I think this book has lessons in it, not just women or couples struggling with infertility, but lessons for everyone.
Share and Enjoy
We are joining Mel over at The Mommyhood Chronicles for week #35 (for us) in our Saturday Top Five Laughs of the week. I actually kept better track this week! Hoo-rah!
5. My 14 and 12 year old are sitting next to me and being rude and silly. Then when I made a face, my 14 year old gave an evil laugh and said she knew I was going to make that face hahahahaha!
I live with goofballs!
4. I was eating frozen blueberries while working on my laptop and my 12-year-old son asked, “Mommy, are you going to eat your blueberries?” I said, “Yes, why are you eyeballing my blueberries?” He said he was and wanted to eat them. Then my 14-year-old tried to steal them! My blueberries just are not safe anymore!
3. My 12-year-old said, “I want to learn to say poop in every language. Then my life goal will be complete.” Oh the aspirations!
2. $2.40 for an ear of corn!? NOT, but that’s what I came up with when I did the math the first time after my hubby came home with two big burlap bags with 48 ears in each. I was in sticker shock, ready to write to the farm stand until….I did the math again and came out with 41 cents/ear. Whew.
1. One of the children asked where another child was and our 14-year-old said, “She’s in her stall.” Then started laughing and I said, “That just made the Saturday Top Five Laughs list!” We had just been talking about the animals and the sheep being in their stall so that’s why she came out with that.
What funny things have you done this week?
Share and Enjoy
NewAir WCD-110SS Water Dispenser
We drink a lot of water. We are currently on well water. The water itself is fine, however, we have to add salt since the home has an on-demand water softener system. It is the salt in the water that makes our water no-so-great. That is why we were excited to be offered a NewAir WCD-110SS Water Dispenser. No more carting home 10 1-gallon water jugs since we can use!
The NewAir WCD-110SS Water Dispenser is a nice little appliance to have in our home. It has a stainless steel front and black sides and back. It has a slim size, which makes it a great choice for smaller homes or areas within the home. We put ours just off the kitchen in the master suite hallway since there is no room in our small kitchen.
NewAir WCD-110SS Water Dispenser Specs
~ 33.65 lbs.
~ 1-year manufacturer’s limited warranty.
~ Removable plastic drip tray.
~ Hot & Cold water dispenser
~ Two push button controls – the hot water has a safety regulated “hot water” push button, making it safe for children.
~ Light indicators.
~ Hot water 176°F – 203°F.
~ Cold water 41°F – 50°F.
~ Compatible with 2-gallon, 3-gallon or 5-gallon bottles of water.
~ Features a stainless steel water tank which delivers a plastic free taste when drinking both hot and cold water.
~ UL Certified.
~ Easy no installation; simply remove it from its packaging, add a water bottle and plug in!
NewAir WCD-110SS Water Dispenser Review
We really like having the water dispenser. It saves on boiling a kettle of water, making it very convenient to get a cup of tea or hot chocolate. It is holding up well under our family of ten’s use of it. Granted the younger children cannot get hot water unless they have two of them to maneuver the child-safety feature on the buttons! It is easier for the children to get a drink and a lot less mess too, unless of course they overfill or spill, which they have yet to do, thankfully.
The only thing I really do not like about the unit is the fact that the buttons to dispense hot and cold water, as well as the child-safety button are all plastic. I fear they will eventually snap or break under heavy, extended use. I hope I am wrong but only time will tell. We have had it for nearly a month now, but we did limit the children’s use until this past week when I knew I would be doing the review.
Overall, the NewAir WCD-110SS Water Dispenser has been a welcome addition to our home and I am looking forward getting much use out of it.
Share and Enjoy
This post was created in partnership with Harvest Snaps. I have been compensated for this post in the form of product. However, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Looking for a healthy back to school snack for you and your children? Try Harvest Snaps ! Harvest Snaps come in six different flavors: Snapea Crisps Black Pepper, Snapea Crisps Lightly Salted, Snapea Crisps Wasabi, Snapea Crisps Caesar, Lentil Snaps Tomato Basil, Lentil Snaps Onion Time.
Our children really liked these snacks. I only got to try a couple and thought they were powdery tasting. It was a weird taste bud war going on, seriously, because I wanted to like them. Our youngest found the Green Peas Black Pepper flavored one hot, so he only liked the non-hot flavors. These made a great after school or before bedtime snack. Of course, I forgot to take photos of them snacking! Other ways I can see Harvest Snaps being used are: back-to-School lunchboxes, post-workout snack, lunch sides, crunchy salad toppings and for sports fans gameday snacks and tailgating events.
A Little Bit About Harvest Snaps
Here are some Harvest Snaps facts:
~ Snapea Crisps are made from 70% pea. Lentil Snaps are made from 65% lentil.
~ Harvest Snaps offers a healthier snacking option. They are baked, not fried.
~ Harvest Snaps are all-natural and guilt-free. Each of the 6 flavors are high fiber and protein, and low in sodium and fat.
~ These healthy treats are a great snack for the whole family, except my hubby did not try them. I think we forgot to ask him! Oops…
~ They are non-GMO.
Harvest Snaps Fun
For fun, you can visit the Lunchspiration microsite, create a Bento Box and be entered to win your own Harvest Snaps!
Share and Enjoy
Nowhere to Turn by Lynette Eason is the second book in the Hidden Identity series. You can read my review to book one, No One to Trust, here. This book series is Christian fiction/Romantic Suspense.
I really liked this book. Once again, I was kept guessing and was rather surprised when one of the characters in the book turned out to be someone completely different. Even my 14-year-old mentioned she was not expecting that twist after she finished the book.
This book review fell due at an interesting time with the Ray Rice and Janay Palmer fiasco came to a head this week. Nowhere to Turn deals with the sensitive and hard (how’s that for a contradictory sentence?) subject of domestic violence and abuse of women and children. The main character, Danielle Harding, of this book leaves her abusive husband and discovers there is nowhere to turn. She enlists Operation Refuge to help her escape the vicious cycle of abuse and violence against her and her 11-year-old-son. They literally run for their lives.
I liked the suspense of the book. It was fast paced. My 14-year-old loved the characters because they were all so different. This is what else she said, “At every turn in the book, I felt like I was with Dani and Simon. I loved learning about the other characters, about their fears and the things that made them go – their drive. I did not like Dani’s husband, Kurt, or his brother Stuart. Stuart was creepy and obsessive with Dani. I loved the ending. The nice characters deserved happiness.” I quite agree with her!
Two thumbs up from us!
Help for Domestic Violence Victims
If you or someone you love is suffering from domestic violence, please get the help you need. Dr. Phil’s wife has a foundation that can help, visit https://www.whengeorgiasmiled.org/#home for more information. Other resources include: National Coalition Against Domestic Violence, Operation Refuge is a real organization and offers assistance or HelpGuide.org. Do not stay for the wrong reasons (#WhyIStayed) and carefully plan your escape.
Share and Enjoy
Wilton Armetale Bowl
As you already know, I have eight children. They all help with dishes. Therefore, having bakeware and cookware that lasts is an important quality in our kitchenware. The Wilton Armetale Bowl is a metal bowl that fits that criteria. It will not melt if left near the stove or on top of the stove. It is not glass or stoneware that will break if dropped or knocked off the counter.
The Wilton Armetale Bowl is:
~ Made of food-safe, recycled metal
~ May be used serving hot or cold foods
~ Oven, stove and grill safe
~ May be chilled, keeping foods cold longer
~ Can go from freezer to oven or tabletop to fridge
~ Cleans with soap and water – NOT dishwasher safe
~ Will not break, crack, chip, rust or tarnish
~ Lifetime warranty against breakage
I like this bowl it has come in handy to serve fruit salad or as a fruit bowl on the table, so far. I did notice that water spots do accumulate on the bowl if it is left to air dry. We look forward to using this bowl many more times in the future.
Easy Tailgating Recipe – Waldorf Salad
Sorry our apples were windfall and turned brown very, very fast!
4 apples chopped up into small pieces
2 cups grapes
1/4-1/2 cup raisins
1 stalk of chopped celery
Optional 1/4 cup of walnuts, pecans or almonds
Toss fruit, celery and nuts in a bowl. Mix enough mayonnaise to cover fruit. Serve.
Yields: 4-6 servings
Wilton Armetale Package Giveaway
The Wilton Armetale giveaway package is valued at $257.25 and includes: Medium Bowl, Pitcher, Cracker Tray, and Handle Tray. I would love to win it myself!
Share and Enjoy
Here it is Saturday once again….so we will be joining Mel over at The Mommyhood Chronicles for week #34 (for us) in our Saturday Top Five Laughs of the week, if I can scrounge up enough fun things to post!
5. Jr. says, “Ah no” when responding to us. It’s a line a minion says in the movie Despicable Me.
4. One of our goats (the one with horns) and our dog knocked each other out while head butting or doing whatever they were doing. One of the children found both of them laying on the ground next to one another. Crazy animals.
3. Hubby and our older two girls went to the library the other evening. I told Jr. that daddy would be back soon and his response was, “Daddy never come back!” He has been saying such weird/funny things lately. Such a goof ball!
2. A little girl who saw cherub angels on TV and said, “Ewwww….naked babies! I see their nooples (nipples!)” Cute or what?
1. Someone dropped by this week and said, “One of your llamas is on the road.” Ahhhh….we do not have any llamas. They did not know the difference between goats and llamas. It made us chuckle!
Share and Enjoy