Now that our vegetable CSA is over and summer has come to an end. It’s time for fall clean up. I don’t know about your fall clean up list, but ours seems to keep growing and I fear we will not get everything done on it.
Here’s what on it so far and there’s only a little over a month left of fall:
1. Plant 15 lbs of garlic.
2. Clean up garden beds.
4. General pick up of garbage, etc.
5. Go to a local organic berry farm to dig up asparagus crowns they are giving away so we can add to our own little patch.
6. We have a 1/4 acre that we have to weed because we allowed it to become a patch of tall overgrown ugliness. Our intention was to plant root crops there but we never got to it. Now it’s a project and a half no one wants to touch.
7. Clean out chicken coops.
8. Store unused coops for winter.
9. Possibly make one more small hoop house to grow veggies in over the winter.
10. Barn clean up. This will be ongoing as it was originally a mess when we started renting it in February.
11. Move Miss Moo to new pasture. This is an ongoing task.
Plus, whatever other projects we decide we need to accomplish….and this is just outside projects. Don’t even get me started on what needs to be done INside. Sigh.
So tell me, do you have a lot of fall clean up to do?