What Does a 3 Year Old Plus 2 Keys Equal?

You know you are a blogger when you grab your flip cam in a serious situation……

Never a dull moment in my house. So what does a 3 year old plus 2 keys equal? A burnt electrical outlet (I called it a light socket in the video below! Brain freeze!) and one melted key tip. Yep he put two keys into an electrical outlet in the boys room and one of them melted to the little screw that holds the outlet frame into the wall. Amazing. I was told that I could take the keys out with rubber handled pliers……don’t try it! Sparks still flew even though I didn’t get shocked! I had to shut down the electric in the house to take them out to prevent anymore sparks. I am just grateful we are all still here and the house is still standing! Could have been a lot worse to say the least.

I have to shake my head at the trouble children can find. My daughter and son were even in the same room hanging pictures on the wall while he did this!?

July-Nov Videos 2011 053

I didn’t have to scold him, his siblings pretty much did that because they freaked out and to tease him (yes!), I was a little surprised that Noah did it as it is Junior (our 15 month old baby) whose been the most fascinated with electrical outlets. In the video Noah looks like he’s about to cry but I think the whole experience scared him. Life is rough sometimes, even for little ones.

And no this was not staged and yes I was calm….I don’t know why I remained calm. Ya win some and ya lose some….ya know what I mean? Today I won in this instance.

Share and Enjoy

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Delicious
  • LinkedIn
  • StumbleUpon
  • Add to favorites
  • Email
  • RSS

13 comments

  1. Jenn says:

    Oh my goodness! So glad that everyone is ok. Way to keep a cool head. I may be blogging something similar in the next couple of years. Hopefully I’ll remain as calm as you did.

  2. Holy cow! Isn’t it amazing what they get into? I have 2 boys under 2 and a 3 year old daughter. I’m sure we will have our moments too. Glad your house didn’t burn down!

  3. So scary! I’m glad to hear everyone is okay.

  4. I did that VERY same thing as a kid — I was pretending the outlet was the “lock” for my house. I STILL remember the zap I got from that!

  5. Oh my gosh! Did he get shocked? I’m so terrified of that happening.

  6. You know I think that’s what the children said he was doing, something about a lock……

  7. I didn’t even ask him if he got shocked! I am assuming so since I got sparks when I touched it with the pliers. Guess I knew he was ok since he was not crying and was functioning like normal. But my bad for not even asking the poor little guy!

  8. sounds deadly to me, you need socket plugs so he can’t do that

  9. We do have them but older children can pull them out so most of them are not covered….and as I stated in my post my three year old is not known to play with sockets….but thanks for your opinion.

  10. The Mom Jen says:

    Wow that is scary, so glad he is okay!

  11. Oh my goodness! I’m glad that everyone is ok!

  12. Penelope says:

    Oh my! I’m glad nothing worse happened…ack, why do they do these things??

  13. Wow! So glad everything was okay. That is one life lesson he is unlikely to forget!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

EmailEmail
PrintPrint
Pinterest
13 Comments