Introducing Our New Baby – Sir Eats Alot

I know, I know, some of you are probably saying “Finally!” but here is our new baby….Sir Eats Alot :-D We think he is a precious addition to our family. His soft, silky, thick hair is amazing! He has the most hair of all our babies. My husband thinks it is growing thicker with each passing day, but I don’t think it really is. I just love the smell of a new baby! We are very thankful to the Lord for our son’s safe arrival.


Sir Eats Alot seems to be adjusting to life in the big bad world. I think he went through a growth spurt as soon as my milk came in because as his nickname says, he eats a lot. It has just been the last couple of days where it hasn’t been a nursing marathon of every hour or two 24/7. He has been having longer stretches of sleep and is more contented after eating. I am really hoping that he’s back up to his birth weight or beyond. I will find out tomorrow at our two week appointment.

Sir Eats Alot’s Birth

Sir Eats Alot’s birth wasn’t quite like my other home births. My water broke a few hours after the girls and I returned from mini golfing in the wee hours of August 18th. Contractions started soon after, but I waited a couple of hours before I called my midwife. We decided she should come because with my other two home births the babies came within an hour or two and she missed my last son’s birth by about five minutes!

Contractions continued to come, but did not get any stronger and as daylight broke through the sky, I knew I wouldn’t have the baby before all the children woke up. It was very challenging for me to labor with a house full of noise and people and I think it slowed my labor. I am a very private person and I would have preferred to labor quietly alone during the middle of the night. But, alas, that wasn’t to be this time.

So my labor slowed and wasn’t going anywhere so my husband took the children to the park, I tried to rest and then my midwife suggested taking some homeopathy remedies – two of them which are like black/blue cohosh – which can sometimes speed up a putsy labor. I had nothing to lose by trying. So I took that about 12 hours after my water broke, an hour or so later the contractions were getting stronger and by 3:00pm I was starting to feel pushy. 40 minutes later Sir Eats Alot was born into his Daddy’s hands. I haven’t pushed that long since my first child! I have pushed out a 9 pound 8 ounce baby in 1-2 pushes, so this was hard and tiring. All I wanted to do was lay down and rest with my new baby, which is exactly what I did!

Life with Our New Baby

It’s been two and a half years since we had a newborn in the house and oh! how soon we forget the demanding newborn days! So bear with me as I adjust my days, my work schedule, our homeschool schedule and life in general to accommodate this new baby of ours. Right now I am going on very little sleep and hoping life settles into a new normal (whatever that may be) very soon.

As you may have noticed, we abandoned our normal posting schedule this week, I forgot to post last week’s giveaway and we are still catching up on reviews from our Back to School Product Guide. It may take us another week or so to get back on track as we get all the reviews posted.

Until next time….

Share and Enjoy

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Delicious
  • LinkedIn
  • StumbleUpon
  • Add to favorites
  • Email
  • RSS

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

No Comments